I still remember when I first bought my first Desktop PC for 33K. It was P4 based Celeron machine with 128 MB of RAM (which was a standard then), 40GB HDD, CD RW, TV Tuner, 5.1 Channel speakers (still using them :o) ... ). This used to be a very good configuration then.

In those days Laptops costed 80K+, I am not talking of times of my Grandpa of my Dad, I am talking of just 3 years back from now. But now when I go to the market and see the XBox coming in 22K and Laptops coming with a starting range of 26K (celeron), I think how much does my old desktop box costs now.

Every year, I analyse that there is a product which catches the eyes of the customer and everone around you will be talking to purchase one. Like a few years back it was a mobile handset, or if I go back few more years back it was a PC, everyone was purchasing one. This years its Laptop, and the brands leave no stone unturned to catch this oppotunity, today only I saw a Advertisement for Sony Vio (My Fav Brand, which used to cost nothing less than 80K even till March this year). This ad was for a Lappy with C2D (Core 2 Duo, m a techhie :-) ... ) with 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD and was costing 54K. Now if u have Sony Vio for 54K then u can expect the price for other brands which are mass gahtering brands.

Just to highlight a few u have Compaq starting from 26K, C2D coming for 48K. HCL starting at 24K C2D coming for 43K(my piece), HP with C2D coming in 53K. Then there are other models also like Acer and Dell which are also cheap.

Then I was really shocked to see this : MACBook coming for 56K with C2D a real beutiful peice.

So, what I say is that this year its Lappies which are raining and everyone can get drenched into it.

1 Comment:

  1. Rajkumar said...
    useful article for who wanted to (or) going to buy laptop

Post a Comment



Google
 


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.